Microsoft® MapPoint® Add-in
Save Directions Add-in is required to store a
route plan including the GPS coordinates of the turn points into a
Supported are Microsoft® MapPoint® Europe and North
America starting from version 2002. MapPoint® 2004 and above
are recommended. At present Wayviewer is able to interpret the
route plans of the German, the English, and the French versions of
MapPoint®. If required it could be extended for the Italian and
the Spanish versions.
- Unzip file
- Start the Setup program and install
- The successful installation can be checked in the menu item
"COM Add-ins..." in the menu "Extras" of Microsoft®
- Generate driving instructions with Microsoft®
- Call menu item "Save Directions..." in the menu "Extras".
- Change into a suitable folder, enter a file name and push
"Save". Please avoid umlauts in the file name, since it leads to
problems on some mobile phones types.
- If the pushpins were set imprecisely, change into a map view
with less screen content (menu item "View→Map Style→Data
Map"), delete the old pushpins, and repeat the generation.